Thursday, April 4, 2013

Poetry And Healing

Vuelta a casa #casa #back #home #sky #cielo #amanecer #vlc #valencia #castellon #cs #cro #sol #sun #nubes #nuvols #clouds #atardecer #Afternoon I'd like to share a poem I wrote. It was published in our college literart/art magazine. It explains some of the changes I had been going through in the past. Though my 'old life' been left behind...It sometimes haunts me...I need to write it out and let it go...

 RUMINATING

The death of innocence came to me
in increments
Peacock Eye by Diego CamejoA little here, a little there
until my eyes 
were opened 
and I could see
...betrayal

The death of innocence came to me 
in yearnings                                                          
not well understood
love, lust
tangled together
and I could feel
...corruption

The death of innocence came to me
in helpless cries,
a child who was close
 yet unprotected
begging for normalcy
and feeling so
...alone

The death of innocence left it’s mark
rewarding me 
with burdens much too
large, unfair
carried on my shoulders
and I felt
...strong
Strong by ::big daddy k::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Take A Minute And Share Your Thoughts