Thursday, March 7, 2013

Slowly Coming Into My Own

Alone in the crowd by ...-Wink-... There is freedom in dis-associating with a denomination or cult.
I realized this as I was driving away from my home this morning.
I got into some controversy on our Facebook page with a 'pastor' about some doctrinal issues.
He was so terribly bitter ! He resorted to name-calling, rudeness and playing God (he knew who was saved and that I was going to Hell because I disagreed with him.)
A few years ago, when I was an IFB'er, I would have been quite offended!
This morning, I was able to laugh at his obvious frustrations with me. I realized that what I BELIEVED WAS  BETWEEN ME AND THE LORD! I didn't have to defend myself, I didn't have to argue. I could say what was in my heart and not feel threatened or as if I did something 'bad' because I was a woman with a different opinion.

Truly, this was a freeing experience for me.

For the first time EVER, I could decide to say what I thought was the truth or... I could just ignore his bashing.
 It would not have made any difference.
I didn't have to go to someone else to ask if I could write what I wrote. I didn't have to worry about someone pointing a disapproving finger at me.

Sometimes baby steps can take you to far away places where you begin to find yourself...

Golden autumn morning in Dublin by Steve-h




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Take A Minute And Share Your Thoughts