Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Advocating For Others

Crying girl on bench by uıɐɾ ʞ ʇɐɯɐsWe who have been abused, whether it has been through emotional,physical or spiritual abuse have a rare gift that has been given to us in our recovery-INSIGHT!
We cannot always know what each other feels like exactly but we have the ability to draw from our own experiences, as terrible as they are, and be able to empathize with others.

Vio and Mama Hug by dbzer0Yes-our experiences were horrible! They were life changing. Some of us are still battling with pain that is fresh and we feel lost, as if a rug was pulled out from under us. Sometimes, it is difficult to even pick up a phone and cry on a loved ones shoulder. Many times we batter ourselves after the fact and wallow in self-blame.

Maybe you are too busy looking behind you seeing all that was done and you feel somehow responsible. You may begin to feel ashamed and that somehow you deserved to be mistreated. I think every victim of abuse goes through that. I know I did.



I have to tell myself, it wasn't all my fault. I was trying the best that I could to do. What I felt was right. I am not the abuser. I am now a survivor. That means I have come through the worst of it and with God's help, I became stronger and wiser.


I can choose to feel badly for myself and sometimes, that's ok but the way for me to heal is to write and share and advocate for those that need a hand-up.
There are others as well who will welcome you and help you in your struggle to become the best you can be.
Mental Health Sufferers Unite is a community of sharing on Google. You can cry there, vent, rage whatever you need to do. Someone will respond.

Psyche Central has a list of online support as well as dmoz.org

It's hard for me to talk in groups . I'm very introverted in most ways. I'm happy just staying at home. There are times though when it feels good to share with someone online who has gone through similar experiences. It is healthier still to be a support to someone else. We all need a hand once in a while.


how can i love you if you don't love yourself by reegmo













No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Take A Minute And Share Your Thoughts