Saturday, December 15, 2012

Hall Of Horrors

To understand some of the problems linked with the OSAS (Once Saved Always Saved doctrine) is to open a virtual Pandora's Box of evil. The doctrine states that once you accept Christ as Savior, there is virtually NOTHING you can do to 'undo' your salvation. When one is accused of some grave sin, these same pastors who preached this ideology will point a finger and state that the sinner who committed this awful offense could have never been saved to begin with. They will quote certain scriptures to prove their belief yet, they ignore all the scriptures that state the contrary. It is a subtle form of brainwashing that will eventually sink in and gives a feeling of being given 'carte blanche' to do whatever and still make it to Heaven. 

Personally, I always had an undercurrent of unbelief in that doctrine. It just didn't seem right. Yet I taught it, hung on to it and mouthed the precepts I was taught over and over because I was taught not to trust my own instincts. After all, my ex-husband knew better and had to answer to God for me. I didn't want to face God in rebellion. 

It wasn't until I divorced and I began to study God's word for myself, that I saw a different picture of salvation than what was taught to me all those years. 
I also realized something else, the IFB pastors that proclaimed these doctrines were getting caught in a web of deceit. They were caught cheating on their wives, molesting boys and girls, impregnating teen-age girls and stealing from their own people. 

In their minds, these men can just say sorry to God and sweep those sins under the rug and STILL GET TO HEAVEN! I'm sure that was what my ex had in mind. He has yet to apologize to me or to my children. Instead , he pretends to be an honest man on the surface.

The following are some links of a long list of pastor abusers, you may have heard of a few of these:

The Real Jack Hyles

Sodomy and Suicide-The Story of Pastor Jarrell

Jack Schaap-The Molesting Kidnapper

Another Sex/Suicide - Minerva

Pastor and the Prostitute-No he's not IFB but it sure shows the prevalence of sexual sins in the clergy


Murder and Mayhem-Covering Adultery

Beatings and Torture

He Won't Be Resting in Peace


There is more but I can't handle much more tonight. I praise God for showing me the truth. I will be forever thankful!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Take A Minute And Share Your Thoughts