Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Denial Factor

Besides getting over my own fears and delusions, one of the biggest problems I have had is getting my children to open up and talk to me about their abuse.

They push the truth down and sit on it. I only hear little bits and pieces while conversing about the subject, I only hear half-stories from those around them who have been confided in. It's terrible not knowing everything that went on. There is a lot of shame involved.

It angers me that I can't just pop the cork and let the horrid memories, the awful stench of a trust betrayed come to the surface. I have only recently allowed my mind to accept what I could no longer deny. Yet, for me it was a freeing experience.

I can only pray that they will recognize the awful black spot within them and vomit it up. If you allow the truth to come out, it will free you and as it frees you, you begin to heal.

About Childhood Trauma


Lucid Pages-Great Information About Healing CSA


About PTSD


If anyone else has any recommendations, please leave them in the comment box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Take A Minute And Share Your Thoughts